Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Most magical day

1. Ganga maiya ni aarti and darshan (praying to Ganga river) 2. Bathing my hands and feet in Ganga nadi. 3. Crossing to the other side of the river in a boat. 4. Skipping down the ghat steps. 5. Connecting with locals and travellars. 6. Amazing alloo ka paratha for breakfast. 8.amazing lassi.. Overall, feeling so blessed and thankful for these moments that make my life so eternally beautiful. Sitting during the aarti at Deshwamedh ghat, I was not a traveller. Instead, I was God's child lost with eyes locked onto Ganga maiya and mesmerized by the surroundings. I had the most beautiful and magical moments of my life and I am ever grateful to God. I am going to try to wake up at 5am to catch the sunrise eastward on Ganga nadi and cruise across the ghats for the last time before flying back to Gujarat. Here, my identity is that I am from Gujarat and I speak fluent Hindi with everyone. I am not a foreigner and I dont bring up USA at all. Except for the hostel staff who know. I am a Hindustani born on Indian soil and no matter where I travel in the world, India will always be the closest to my heart. Yet I ama global citizen. I found myself speaking Spanish to little kids at my hostel in Kerala who were from Chile or Peru. I loved visiting Synagogue in fort kochi and Jainand Budhhist temples in Sarnath near Banaras. i had visited mosque in Ahmedabad long ago...and Kasi Vishwanath mandir in Kashi or Banaras. All religions are equal and the messege is humanity and goodness. Sarva dharma sarkha gannva (treat all religions as equal).

No comments:

Post a Comment