Saturday, December 19, 2015

Alleppey beach and ayurveda

London dekha paris dekha aur dekha japan...michael dekha elvis dekha sab dekha meri jaan...saare jag mein kahi nahi hai dussra Hindustan...yeh mera India...I love my India


Beach picnic party?

They were headed for a a photo shoot at the beach. I took their first photo! (they dont know that..the picture is too blurry to identify anyone so its all good!)




Dibs on the hammock. Adcantages of sleeping during the day and waking up extra early!

Haste gaate jaha se guzar...duniya ki tu fikar na kar...muskuraate hue din bitanna...yaha kal kya ho kisne jaana?!

Gobi manchurian

I love hammocks...weeee. Literally brings out the child in me. I had a hammock  little in India. It was red. i still have it in my closet with no place to hang it. This makes up for it!
As the title implies,  today was a day of relaxation. Also add confusion to that but thats part of the journey! You make the most of situations that dont go as planned. But for starters, had a beautiful morning walk on the beach and had a crazy encounter with a crow. At first I was trying to call the crow, then as I was walking by I decided to feed one some leftover malai from coconut as I was about to eat it anyway. i sympathized with the crow but what followed was hillarious. A littlw freaky at first but harmless so i kept my calm.  You can guess what happened.  Ok I will tell you...I kept walking to avoid any additional attention from that crow's fellow companions on the beach. I was then approached by a very stubborn crow. It stood in front of me refusing to move. Then as I walked it kept flying and standing in my path. Then it finally flew and sat on top of my head. It tickled and I was like is that the crow? I of course tried to shoo it away and shook my head. Dude crow that is unacxeptable. Now you definitely are not getting any of the leftover malai from yesterday. Then it kept following me some more but eventually realized I would not feed it. I know they are hungry n feel bad but I am not about to be attacked by huge group of crows at the beach. I walked away...fast...very fast.. Haha anyway then i had an ayurvedic massage!! First professional massage ever! It was a head/scalp/face/neck/shoulder/arm massage. I was like so this is what massages ceel like! (The only one I had previously was by my friend which was just as good!) It was unique..but nice. The ladies were so nice and kind. They were so down to earth and sweet in how they talked to me. I was so impressed. I think I will visit them tomorow before i leave. Not for a massage but just to say bye and see if they have tea tree oil. That leads me to my other point...so hard to find anything in alleppey. Even rikshaw drivers r unaware. They are sincere enough to ask others and call the place for directions though. I wont write too much more..as I want to go chill on the rooftop..read...and listen to music or the waves. Aww little kids singing jingle bells next door! I did go to a museum today but it wasnt too significant for me as it was buncha fancy imported objects from europe and usa. I only liked the sea shell from deep ocean on display and the traditional kerala display of natraj murti, traditional paintings, sitar made of wood, old traditional lock, carvings of encarnations of lord Vishnu, and any local items from kerala itself. The people were really nice and corteous to me! Then sat at sea side restaurant (palm beach...it is also where I did the ayurvedic massage) and ate lunch after an hr of wandering around town looking for a restaurant that some people recommended. Rikshaw driver had no clue and his speech was not understandable.. I tried to communicate but he couldnt enunciate clearly. It almost seemed like he had a stroke in the past affecting his speech or aomething but he was so kind. He was trying to help me fild that place but I knew this wasnt going anywhere so i just told him to drop me off at the beach and i will walk back. All in all a good day. Oh did I mention my 3 hr nap. The massage and then roaming the town  really made me pass out! Soo relaxaing. Good night or good morning.

2 comments: