Friday, December 25, 2015

Welcome to Baroda

Here I am in the city I was born in. Each time I come it changes so much. I have to say props to the vadodara airport. It is so much better than 10 yrs ago when I last flew in there. I was impressed. Also rikshaws were lined up outside in an organized fashion. Unlike before. In Kerala, there were prepaid rikshaws where u pay 1rupee for reservation at thr counter n the voucher ticket states thr amount due at the end of the trip to be given to rikshaw driver. Smart concept. Except its not everywhere and some tickets dont havr amouny printed.so the rikshaw driver can still overcharge you. The genuine ones wont. I have met both. As I was indulging in airplane food,(Jet airways has good food fyi), the lady next to me rolled her eyes when the pilot announced please let us know how we can better serve you. I could tell she and her husband were NRIs visiting India probably after a long time. .I overheard their phone conversation requesting khichdi for lunch. then there was me listening to yeh jo des hai tera swades hai tera, i love my india, maa tujhe salaam..basically patriotic songs and pigging out :) change takes time..but.PM Modi has made a huge difference . Especially noticeable in gujarat. And there are already so many positive things about different parts of India. If you judge.a place solely by comarison to another place, then you are missing out on the hidden gems. I have such friendly neighbors in India whereever I stay. Take the good with the bad! Andnyou can decide with filter you will use..mind ofnlike polarized sun glasses...filter good rays out or filter the bad rays out. Your choice. Now moving onto the highlight of my journey so far, baby!! I love kids..and finally holding my 7month old niece is the best part of the journey. It beats any adventure I have had. There is no better feeling than having her fall asleep in your arms or playing with her. She is simply adorable. How I wish my cold would vanish..it is day 6. Past day 3 and 4..so hopefully it will get better. Even benadryl didnt make me pass out. Oh well..I am loaded up on vicks vapor rub..vicks inhaler...vicks cough drops... Haha :) ok thats all for now. I still havent ate pani puri here yet...

2 comments: