Saturday, December 12, 2015

The rest is still unwritten...


"Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten"

(in the words of Natasha Bedingfield) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7k0a5hYnSI


Journey is not about a destination; nor is it about an agenda.  Instead, for me, a journey is everything.  From taking my final, working, last minute planning of my India journey, spending quality time with my family & friends, hitting the gym, to the endless roaming of airports starting in 12 hours.  I enjoy the airports, flights, and layovers (somewhat), and make the most of it.  I realize how lucky I am to travel, and how blessed I feel to go back to India, or wherever I go in the world.  Therefore, sometimes, you have to make do with what you have and be thankful. Less is more. 
For me, it is not taking extra bags or "stuff".  I refuse to check anything in, and I prefer only a book bag that I better be allowed to carry on everywhere!! I am not about miss my sequence of flights because of waiting to pick bags up, change airports, and check in again! Those days are gone where I had the luxury of checking bags into my final destination.. If you want to travel on a budget, find cheaper flights, book separately! In fact, I still have yet to book one of my flights! I will soon once I can find a free flight (one that is covered with reward points), but the bottom line is, you have to be wise in how you plan.  People tell me to take big bags and purses, but I am not oblivious to how it really is to travel by oneself.  It is all about mobility and simplicity.  I do not want to be tied down by materialism.  Dollars or Rupees can be spent on better causes than a new fancy sari, at least that is how I feel.  I may pick up a pretty dress and be totally impressed with it, but I will take a deep breath and put it down.  Travelling definitely enforces my self-discipline and budgeting skills because of how I backpack/travel through places.

Anyway, typing late at night means mumbling. Therefore, here is a song that always pumps me up or inspires me to breakaway and build my character and experiences in this journey of life. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-3vPxKdj6o

Back to finishing up my travel playlist. I shall publish this after surprising family. 

"The rest is still unwritten" 

1 comment: